Disability Royal Commission releases its third Progress Report
The Disability Royal Commission’s third progress report is now available on their website in Easy read, Auslan and pdf. It covers the period from 1 July 2020 to 31 December 2020.
Some details about the second half of 2020 include:
- The number of submissions the Royal Commission received—669, mostly from NSW, Qld and Victoria.
- The number of private sessions held—119.
- The publication of responses to 4 issues papers:
- The completion of their culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) strategy.
- Progress made with the First Nations strategy.
The report closes with a summary of activities planned for 2021, including meeting with stakeholders in the first quarter to inform how they can reach Group Homes.